Yesterday, 21st November, orthodox Christians celebrated Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary, also known as The Entry of the Most Holy Theotokos into the Temple.
For our family, 21st November has a 2nd important meaning, being the date when, last year, Ilaria has been baptized. We consider this fact more than a simple coincidence, as we prayed Virgin Mary's parents, Joachim and Anna, for a baby and we will always consider Ilaria being God's gift sent to us through them!
As it can be seen in the above pictures, Ilaria has made a lot of progress since then.
- she has 3 teeth (2 down, 1 up-center-left)
- she started to walk without help also outside her comfortable room (until now she was afraid to fall down on anything except her soft carpet)
- she started to help with dressing. When we tell her: "foot up to put the pants on" she is so happy to help
- she is very sociable, wanting to speak with everyone we meet on the street; she even offers her toys, clothes and anything detachable from her stroller, to the others (don't imagine she would leave that object to that person; she would immediately ask it back; but even so, her gesture is so sweet)
- she loves people - she is all smiles when there are people around her (she prefers people instead of any toy)
- she loves to play the "tiiiiiiiiiit" game: she presses our noses while we pretend to be honking cars; we say "tiiiiiiiit" and she says "aaaaaaaaa"
- she loves to "speak" on the phone. When a phone is ringing she would immediately leave anything she was doing and she would start searching the ringing phone, with a look in her eyes telling: "Don't even think about it! It's for me! I was waiting for this phone call since morning". We answer the call and she starts to speak and she speaks and she speaks and she speaks some more...
We got such a sweet baby!