Friday, October 11, 2013

Ilaria is 4

Ilaria turned 4 yesterday. I think I am slightly depressed because of it. 1, 2, and 3 seemed OK. 4 is too much for me!...

She was the first one in the world to call me "Mami"!


She is the kind of kid that challenges me daily and makes me want to be a better mother. She constantly makes me remember the words: "While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about."

She is the kind of kid that makes us, her parents, stay late on her birthday night, asking ourselves "What's wrong?" and then conclude: "She's the kind of person that will change the world." (Thank you, Adrian, for these comforting words! I hope I will remember them when I should!)

She is the one who made me realize that caring for our family is the best job in the world for me.


She is the one who taught me the greatest love, the one in which no matter how big the today's fight, tomorrow I will be shiny again.


Happy Birthday, dear Ilaria! 

I love you to the sky and back!
Mami.

***


Few moments from yesterday:


Preparations for kindergarten, proudly presenting us the treats for her colleagues:


With her colleagues:


Sharing the treats:


Back home, in the evening, waiting for her present. And Maria waiting too!


If you are good enough you get something, even if it's not your birthday :-) 


With Peter, who sailed for months from America to Europe, but finally reached us, exactly yesterday, on Ilaria's birthday. ( or at least that's how she's been told ;-) )



With Daddy, reading about Peter's adventures.


Thank you, God, for my family! They are my life.

Pin It

2 comments:

buni Mariuta said...

muuuuulti, si, fericiti ani, sa traiesti, ILARIA !

Sue said...

Happy Birthday cute girl! Amelia says, "She looks tall!" Just like Lily!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...