Monday, October 3, 2011

Baby teething necklaces

At the beginning of the year I set a list of things I would love to do. Among them was also the making of hand stamped metal jewelry. Living in a small apartment, with a little child (soon with two), I reconsidered my wish and opted for a stiller activity. Here is the first baby teething necklace I have created; it has been offered as a baby-baptizing gift:

I consider it to be a great success, as mother of the baby didn't give too much credit to the label and she was sure I bought it from somewhere and I just added some nice words beside it!


And the second one goes to.... "Manana" - that's how Ilaria calls her soon-to-be-born sister, Maria ;-)



I love how they turned out and I hope lots more will follow. For the future I plan to open a shop on http://www.etsy.com/. Please tell me: have you ever heard about etsy until now? It offers great opportunities for selling / buying crafted goods.


As it's known, the materials (stones, amber, wood, pearls,...) have specific benefic effects on the person wearing them. Here are few words I've found on Internet regarding wearing amber necklaces by babies:
When a baby is wearing amber teething necklace on the skin, the skin's warmth releases healing oils from the amber (a resin) which are absorbed via the skin into the bloodstream. Amber is not a stone and therefore warm to the touch, as well as very comfortable and light to wear. Children wearing amber is a very old traditional custom in Europe and the Far East. Amber is known to reduce inflammation of the throat, ear and stomach and to fight inflammation, infections and respiratory disease. Traditional beaded amber necklaces are a less intrusive remedy for the pain and side effects of teething, such as lack of appetite, upset tummies, ear ache, fevers and colds. A natural analgesic, amber will help calm a baby without resorting to drugs. Amber's anti-inflammatory and therapeutic properties are also recognized by allopathic medicine. These necklaces are long known for the healing properties of amber which include calmative, analgesic, antispasmodic, expectorant, and febrifuge (anti-fever) functions.


I hope I will be able to welcome you on my etsy shop soon!

,
Raluca
Pin It

3 comments:

Dan said...

Foarte fain! Bafta cu planurile de viitor :) Sanatate!

Mihaela said...

CONGRATULATIONS! The necklace and the box look wonderful! I have not heard about etsy store before. Wish you have a huge success with the new plan dear Ralu!

Anonymous said...

it was a joy reading your blog
good luck and have a happy life
mirela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...