146. how Ilaria tells me "I love you" and she kisses me when she knows I'm sad because of Maria
147. Adrian, looking at the children: "There are moments in life when you look and you can't believe how beautiful it can be. This is such a moment."
148. unexpected gift from old friend (book from Aura)
149. flattered by how others see me. Gelu & Luci: "We saw you on a street advertisement. Yes, it was you!" No, the lovely lady posing for Goya assurance company wasn't me, but they made me feel good.
150. kind words from "nenea cu părul creţ", the installer who performed external walls insulation for our flat: "Bună dimineaţa! Ce faci, Ilaria, ochi frumoşi?"
151. Adrian caring enough to repair my grandmother's cooker stove when she was about to buy a new one.
152. moments like this:
when I look, I cannot believe they are all mine and I cry happy tears
153. finally visiting a place I wished to visit for years! (parc Schei)
154. inspired people brightening my life
155. yearly tradition - kids aligned under "our" oak tree
156. baby stages successfully checked (Iancu sitting; 1st tooth (8 months old, we were at seaside); Iancu standing (on the day he turned 11 months); 1st word imitated: "ouch")
157. country simplicity on week-ends, when girls eat anything we have and they don't expect us to entertain them
158. a solid 5 minutes of laughing with Maria when, at bedtime story, I mistakenly named the 3 bears: "the 3 pigs". She is an expert in laughing!
159. exhausted Maria back from playground and how her face brightens up in a big smile when she notices me up at the window
160. reading a good book - "Nesfinţii sfinţi şi alte povestiri"
161. Italian shop in Braşov (str. Lungă, nr. 213)
162. how grumpy Maria is while in hospital, after nasal polyps removal surgery and how she revive once we hit home and she meets baby
163. Ilaria, enjoying home made ice cream: "Asta-i cea mai bună îngheţată din lume. Nimeni nu face îngheţată mai bună decât tine."
164. 15th of September 2014. Tears of happiness in our eyes (mine and Adrian's) when we find out who Maria's teachers are (this is her 1st year of kindergarten and she was extremely fragile back then)
165. the gift of being home with kids. Mărcuş, monday 13.10.2014, I teach girls how to ride bicycles
166. quiet night time when all the kids are finally sleeping and I tell Adrian, smiling: "who says it's hard to rise 3 kids?"
167. gift from friends - a lot of girls clothes from Adriana C.
168. dear family members gathered around the table to celebrate our both October girls and to share a tasteful dinner
169. gift of being home for my family and having time to prepare birthday cakes
(this year cream for girls' cakes was banana + yogurt + honey + coconut flakes)
170. gift from friends - jams from Adriana V.
171. how girls don't want to go to kindergarten and how Adrian motivates them by plotting with them to steal all of nurse's candies during the daily examination. and this happens every single day. and it works like a charm
172. words of appreciation on girls' birthday party: "Ralu, poţi să-ţi deschizi firmă de organizat petreceri" (Bogdan B.)
173. me working on laundry. Iancu playing and babbling in his crib in the other room. Suddenly - silence. When I go to check I find this:
I could live 1.000 years from now on, only for such moments!
174. we started to build our house
175. Adrian brings girls back from kindergarten. Elevator's door opens. Girls running toward me, each holding a flowers bouquet (27th November 2014, my birthday)
176. trying a new recipe
177. enjoying a cup of tea
178. baby falling asleep in my arms
179. we let kids be little, "because childhood only comes once" (Michelle)
180. help from my mother - girls spending kindergarten holiday at my parents
181. Adrian calling both girls "păpuşă" and Iancu "papanaş"
182. Maria: "Mami, eşti frumoasă!"
183. Adrian teaching girls how to skate
184. joy as only kids can experience - girls laughing just by looking at each other (we used to do the same, me and my sister)
P.S.: My previous "One thousand gifts" post can be found here.